23 February 2009

Weekend Update...

GTS 1 & 2 went off @ Donaldson Center last weekend.
Saturday saw HUGE fields in every race. It was a really nice day...warm-ish with light wind. We took of for our little jaunt around the airport. Nothing really happened during the race other than a lot of sketchy riding and hitting brakes on the downhill...I still don't get that!
I felt pretty average for the whole race. It was never really hard and I never suffered. I really should have gone to the front more than I did and forced the issue, but it was my first actual race, other than the TNCWC in 4 years, so I figured discretion was the better part of valor.
The sprint wound up and I had HORRIBLE position...my own fault. I, literally, had to stop and start my sprint 4 or 5 times to keep from running over people in the last 200m. I finished around 15th or so. I say "or so" because the officials, in their little trailer with their 20 year old camera equipment somehow missed me on the video. Horseshit I say!!!! I was there at the finish! I know it and the guys that finished behind me know it...that's enough for me!
Sunday was a MUCH smaller field. It was cold. The wind was brutal. 20-25mph with gusts to 30+...just bad conditions. The first lap shuttled the strong to the front to fight the wind. A break got up the road on the first lap. Doog and another guy were in the middle at the start of lap 2 when myself and another rider got across to them. The four of us stood to go up the first climb and I almost took myself out. I gave the RR track a good whack on lap one and pinched the tube, cause my front tire was going down fast. Dammit!!!!! Race over for me! It was warm in the broomwagon though...
It split all to pieces in the wind for the finish. I felt better Sunday though!
Everyone in town did well this weekend. Shout out to RW for his performances this weekend in 35+! He was on the sharp end and rode well! Kudos!

Edit...
Timberlake found video on Youtube and you can plainly see my big ass crossing the line @ 15th. Hard to miss all of the white I had on...
scroll to 6:45 and watch...I cross @ 6:48...I played and paused about 6 times...
Video

No comments: