13 February 2009

Another night ride...

...only this time with different faces. Doog lamed out on us...something about sick kids at the hospital...nonsense, so Meat, Coco and I did the big loop again. We did it at a little greater clip than my last trip around, but still didn't make the effort to ride really hard. That being said, Coco and I took turns pulling out Dixie at a pretty good clip. Not enough to really suffer and have to dig, but just at the point where it was starting to sting a bit by the turn.
We kind of just rolled around at that point. The burn is still going on out there, so the smoke was plentiful and there were even a few hotspots that were still burning pretty nicely. Yes, we rode through a forest fire! We also saw a something that we believe was a coyote. It was too small and darkly colored to be a deer. Nice to know that meat-eating predators are patrolling the outer portion of the loop. If you get a flat out there, ride the bitch in!
No idea what's going on tomorrow....
We were supposed to ride in the NE @ 7am, but the fact that it's going to be 45 degrees and raining really sucks the romance out of it. A few of us may go out a bit later, unless later is noon. The MTs are going to the spa for the weekend and I'm not wasting a Saturday afternoon. I may sleep through most of it, but in my eyes, that's not waste!
It may be a cross bike kind of day...
Sunday 9am @ the normal spot for what looks like the last Il Prof ride...for the folks who plan to race at least...
That being said, I just signed up for the Spring Series and paid my money...I guess I'm committed now!

No comments: