20 August 2008

When good rides go bad...

Well, the crit course is all fouled up and more than a few of us flatly refused to do the 180 loop around the front stretch for more than a few reasons. Ergo, we decided to do a road loop out Bluff, up 2X Homey and across to Cabin Creek. All of the horsepower went with the road group and the ride started off fast and only got faster. It was probably better than some of the filler didn't choose to come with us, as they would likely still be out there, but I digress.
Once we reached the open parts of the loop, the pace went from a comfortable 40-42kph to a not so comfy 45kph+.
The run out Cabin Creek was a paceline affair and the line was moving along at such a high rate, we went all the way to the GMart and turned to come back in on Airbase. I was good until this point...good legs, good HR...so-so stomach...here's were our tale takes a turn for the worse.
On the run into the rise, FastLL took a monster pull and the group got lined out. At this point, my stomach was really sour and I was starting to get cold chills...not good! I made it over the rise and my abdomen just knotted itself into a tight little ball. I blew out the back in spectacular fashion and rode the remainder of the ride at a blistering 30kph...and that was a struggle. I had such terrible cramps, I almost called the H.O. to come get me, but it was bedtime for the M.T.s, so I took the most direct route home.
Once home, I spent some quality time in the loo for the rest of the night. I did catch up on some reading though.
Today, I am physically empty. It took all I had to get the M.T.s ready this morning. I'm shaky and starving, but afraid to eat anything more than buttered toast and drink Powerade. I feel as empty as Paris Hilton's head. I haven't felt this bad in many a moon.
See you when I see you...

No comments: