03 August 2008

#1 turns #3

The Saturday ride went off as usual and turned fast. I don't know why the Saturday ride, which used to be a nice, low-tempo, low pressure ride has turned into a 3+ hour deathmarch. I have no issue with speeding up here and there, but it may be time to have a conversation about the pace of the ride.
Anyway, we did a bit shorter, albeit harder, loop and I was home in plenty of time to run some errands and get the house ready for #1's birthday party.
Of course, festivities were supposed to kick off at 1, but the H.O.'s parents are a pair of complete shit for brains and they showed up 90 minutes late. Then they blew in and acted like they owned the place and are super grandparents. Yeah, if super means that you see your only grandkids once every 6 or 8 weeks...but I digress...
I had the grill fired up and the meat was done when they came in. Sorry to rush you two dumbasses, but it's time to get this show on the road...
We ate expertly grilled burgers, dogs and andouille sausages, potato salad, slaw and chips, then the boy ripped into the myriad presents that were laid out on the table.
Right now, he's cavorting about in his newly acquired 'Doctor' get up, complete with white jacket and stethoscope...
He cleaned up in the gift department, as usual. Then it was time to damage the cake. The H.O. took a cake decorating class (two actually) a few years ago and has become quite good at making all sorts of cakes. The boy wanted a fire truck cake, so that's what he got...and it was goooood. All of the heavy food made me feel horrible though...too much meat and cake icing...
The H.O.'s parents stayed far beyond their welcome, so the management trainees got to bed waaaay late.
I was supposed to ride with Il Prof and TVH this morning, but just couldn't drag my big ass out of the sack. I slept until 9!! I guess I needed the sleep more than the miles.
The H.O. is out of town until Wednesday, so I'm single dad until then. I'll probably bring the boys out to the TNCWC so they can watch.

No comments: