19 May 2008

Wow!

I actually rode both days over the weekend. Shocking...I don't know how to act.
I met the group Saturday morning and we did an altogether easy 2 hours through Hopkins and back in. No real efforts, just riding along. Very nice indeed.
Sunday, Doogie, Il Professore and I met at La Casa. I ended up with 2.5 hours. I have no idea of speed or mileage as the cyclocross bike doesn't have a computer. Kinda goes against the very nature of the beast. That's a big beast of a bike though...@ 20-ish pounds. Doesn't sound like much, but the Helium weighs 16...
I'm riding the cross rig as it's a bit more upright and the cockpit is shorter than the road unit. It saved my back. I woke up this morning with the feeling that I had ridden my bike again, but NO back pain or twingy feelings.
I ordered a new stem for the Ridley in an effort to get my hands a tiny bit higher. I hate the fact that I'm being forced to ride a jacked up stem, but if it stops the pain, who cares. Seeing some positions that folks around here ride in, I'm sure mine will still look just the same as it has for a while.
I will say though, that I'm not riding with anger for a long while. I just need to ride and enjoy it.

No comments: