26 May 2008

In for a penny...

Saturday, I went out with the group, only to turn off early so I could get home to see the Management trainees and help the H.O. pack the hauler for their trip to the beach. I did a whopping 35 miles and felt pretty good.
The van was slammed full of everything necessary, and some things not so, for a week long trip to the beach with two toddlers. Let's just say the back end of the thing was riding low when it pulled out. Actually, it was riding so low that the H.O. got it caught on the yard ties and pulled them all out of the flipping ground. Great, add that to the list of projects...(I fixed it about an hour later...).
Sunday, I met Il Prof, TVH and NID for a nice, relaxed loop through Calhoun County. My plan was to go to Sandy Run and decide how my back felt. Once to the store, I felt okay and decided to continue on. We made a big, contrived loop through Calhoun and Lexington counties and back to Cola. Considering I hadn't spent almost 5 hours on the bike in the past week, I rode well and my back didn't implode on me.
I ended with 130km and 4:40 in the saddle...I didn't say we rode fast!
I have to eat during rides like this, lest I'm a walking bonk when I get home, and bonking in St. Matthews, with 2 hours left to ride is no picnic.
I ate: A Clif bar, a RK treat, and two Poptarts
I drank: 84oz. of Gatorade, 40oz. of water and a sweet tea
I actually felt okay this morning when the dogs woke me up. I'm a bit stiff and sore, but I'm operational.
Now, I'm painting a 15 light French door...oh joy! Now I remember why I pay people to do this shit. Today off the bike and then ride evey day for the rest of the week. Trying to get some sort of fitness back...

No comments: