12 May 2008

A long weekend...

This was my view for most off the race!
Before the Darlington Stripe
After the wall did it's damage
KB getting doused. Hey Dale Jr., where were you?

I went out with the Saturday group, as usual, but turned off way early and did two hours easy with Doogie. He turned because he and his wife were watching their nephew, or so he says...! I think he really wanted to get home early to play his nephew's Wii...

I turned off because the H.O. and I went to Darlington for the Sprint Cup race. We got another set of HOT passes from Joe Gibbs Racing, so we had access to the pits and garage before, during and after the race. It was cool and yes, I an better than you. The H.O.'s company is a lead sponsor for JGR, so we get upfront and personal with everything. It doesn't suck.

We hung out in Kyle Busch's pit for the entire race. The hella cool part was the fact that he won the race and we got ushered into Victory Lane! You know that celebration you see on TV after a race, when they spray Gatorade all over the place? Yeah, I was dead in the middle of that horseshit. NOS Energy Drink stings like a bitch when it gets in your eye!

We rolled out after the furor died down. I pulled the company truckster in the driveway @ 2 a.m.!! Needless to say, there was no ride Sunday morning! I felt hungover, but never drank a drop!


I took 140+ pictures Saturday night....

Thanks to Byron Coggin and the fine folks at JGR for the fat hookup!

No comments: