03 April 2008

Tuesday

The H.O. came home a bit early on Tuesday, so I got out earlier than usual. I was on the bike and out the door @ 5:15...shocking.
Instead of the Crit, I went out through Fort Jackson and down through the flats. The winds were blowing from the WSW, so it was a very nice headwind for the majority of the ride. All things considered, I didn't feel all that bad. I had the music in the ears and just rode tempo for 2 hours. I got to the cutoff to go home and decided to see what was happening at the Crit.
The group was pretty big and seeing as I didn't do the first 20 minutes, I jumped in at the very back. Very scary place, the very back...turn people, turn...don't square it off.
I rolled up to the middle and rode there for a few laps, then dropped back and talked to Doogie and Philip for a lap or so. I looked at my watch and turned to go home to see the management trainees off to bed. It felt good to get the legs going around that quickly. I'll be out for it next week. I don't think my fitness is close to optimal, but I can suffer through for 45 minutes. It'll probably do me some good.

I don't know about tonight. It's 48 and dismal outside right now. Saturday is looking like a crapfest as well. Sunday is supposed to be nice, so I'll definitely be out.
9am Saturday...if no rain. 9am Sunday...both at the circle. I'll send out an email @ Sunday.

No comments: