07 April 2008

Weekend

Saturday was an absolute POS day...so I went out and rode the cross bike in it. It was 65 degrees and barely drizzling when I left the house. About 30 minutes in, the full fenders I put on the bike were as useless as tits on a boarhog. It was raining so hard that I could feel the torrents of rain splashing against my back. It rained like this for about 30 minutes. The last thirty minutes were back to the drizzle I had departed in. 90 minutes on 38c tires and full fenders...oh, did I mention that I took the opportunity to do some intervals while I was out? If a ride is gonna suck...make it suck completely.
Sunday, most folks in town either went to Charleston for the century or to Rock Hill to race. TVH, NID and I headed out and did 45 miles in the damp, cloudy weather. My legs were HEAVY from the combo of intervals and 90 minutes of riding underwater the day before. I got home, ate lunch and crashed out hard until 4 o'clock. Sometimes, the body tells you it's time to sleep.
The new carbon wheels ride great. They are very stiff, both vertically and horizontally. They roll very well and weren't at all bothered by crosswinds. Now I'm just waiting on the Vittoria Open Corsa tires to arrive from the UK...the Michelins are great, but I loves me some Vitts.
The back is feeling pretty good, the legs are coming around and it's April already. Time to actually ride my bike again....

See you at the Crit...

No comments: