20 April 2008

Two good rides and a lesson

Saturday morning threatened rain (on radar and the worthless weather guys), but the ride ended up being in pretty much full sun and 70+ degree temps. There were two races in Charleston this weekend, so the Saturday ride was thin. It ended up with 5 of us after 2:45 and 90km on the bike. Of course, as Saturdays have been for me lately, I felt like crap, had really bad legs and was horribly flat. I muttled through though. The H.O. and Management Trainee #1 moved mulch all day. He was a tired little soldier last night. It was funny and pitiful at the same time.
This morning, Il Prof and I met for a slow loop around Lower Richland. We rode the small ring for 2 hours and then parted ways. I went through downtown and home and he headed out for another 2 hours on his own. I would have enjoyed the second half of the ride with him, but today was #2's first birthday and I had yard duty to complete before the masses assembled at our house. I ended with 2:15 and 70km today. I felt waaaay better than yesterday too.
I had two good rides this weekend, got some quality miles and enjoyed some wonderful spring SC weather.

Of course, we did the 'let the baby smash the cake' thing for #2's birthday. The following picture shall serve as both a lesson and a guide for the proper technique when eating birthday cake...

No comments: