25 April 2008

Tired....

Wow, am I whipped this morning. I haven't slept well all week and am really starting to pay for it...retail.
When I got on the bike last night, I was waiting to have a night like Tuesday, where I generally felt like shit and just went through the motions. The longer the ride got last night, the better I felt. I will say though, I really need to sack up and go up Elon like I'm capable of riding it. I puss out and climb it easy and then am forced to chase like a lunatic to get back on. After my little chase, I felt strangely better and rode pretty well for the rest of the ride. It wasn't a ball-breaker by any stretch last night, but there were a few sections that were less than a comfortable pace.
At one point, we had a nice, rolling paceline working at 40kmh. As soon as I pulled through and off, Doogie nailed it. No sooner did I get back in line, then RW countered and a break formed. RW, Doog and Beano were away. I sat behind Reed for a short while and as soon as he pulled off, I got into diesel-mode and pulled the group back to the break at a high rate of speed. Yes, it really hurt. My back is feeling it this morning.
We all stayed together for the rest of the ride. The pace down Shop went from easy to tempo and was just south of hard coming to the sprint. I was waiting for someone to jump, even though we were at 500 meters to go. No sooner did I look over my shoulder and saw RW coming up the inside. I jumped hard and rolled away. Mandrus gave chase, but I took the bridge at 65kmh with ease.
I don't feel bad this morning, other than tired and an aching back. Time to do some yoga and call the Chiro for a tune-up.
See you guys in the morning...I'm sure I'll ride like shit...

No comments: