03 February 2008

Weekend

Good weather was a thing of beauty this weekend. It wasn't what you would call 'warm' when we pulled out either morning, but it was sunny and the winds were calm.



Saturday, a larger than average group met for a spin down Leesburg to Congress and across to the flats. Instead of doing some steady tempo work in the flats, we turned and went back up Horrell Hill and into Fort Jackson and wasted a tailwind on Airbase. It was a bit easier ride than usual, but it was nice to have the missing pieces of the group back around. I ended up with 80km and 2:45 saddle time.
Before the ride, I drank a Full Throttle (sugar-free) instead of my usual morning Diet Coke. I was okay until I got to the gate...then the liquid crack hit my bloodstream. I don't know exactly what they put in that stuff, but it made me a bit jittery. I felt great for the first 90 minutes of the ride and then my stomach soured. I'll try it one more time and if I get the same results, it's back to Diet Coke before rides.

Sunday, the usual suspects met @ 9 and did 3 hours through Lower Richland and the Swamp. It was a good, steady, recovery/spin ride. Another day with 80km and 3 hours. I felt like s-h-i-t though. #2 was up most of the night. I don't know what his deal was, but he wasn't happy.

Overall, a good weekend of riding...

Time for the SuperBowl....I'm ambivalent, as I really don't like either team...

No comments: