24 February 2008

Crap weather...good riding

The weather was shite this weekend. Saturday was wet and drizzly. At least the trifecta didn't complete itself...by being cold. A lot of folks went to Greeville to the training series and a few were out of town, so the group ride was thin. We rolled out thru Lower Richland, up Elon and out to the GMart. It seems NID forgot to set his alarm, yet caught us out there.
We rolled home the normal way and the ride was without incident until Doogie got rear-ended by Joel. Neither went down and Doog's $1000 rear wheel was okay...no harm, no foul.
I ended with 55 miles and 3 hours on the bike.
Ths morning, Doog, TVH, Il Professore and I went across the river and did the Sandy Run/Gaston loop. No rain this morning, but it was 50 degrees, cloudy and just generally shitty outside. I guess it could have been worse, but now that I'm home, warm and have had a nap, I can say, without equivocation, it was shitty. I did feel better on the bike this morning. Less twingy-ness in the back. I may be coming back around...hopefully.
Another 3 hours and 50 miles this morning...

I got a few emails over the weekend, from folks I was good friends with in high school. Time to move again...kidding! It's funny how you fall out of touch with people over the course of twenty years. They were talking about a reunion. I've always said that I wouldn't piss on my high school if it was on fire, and I stand by that statement. I would, however, like to see about two dozen folks from back then. These people were my good, true friends. The rest...meh! I'm sure some of the d-bags from school are successful and happy, but it warms my black little heart to know that some of the uber-cool kids are fat and complete fuckups.

And on that uplifting note...my new RoL wheels are pretty damn nice. They are stiff, roll smoothly and ride pretty damn well. They'll do the intended job just fine! Follow the linky on the right to their site. Feel free to call Sean, the man what own the joint, and talk to him. He knows his shit!

Peace...

No comments: