10 February 2008

Hmmm...

So I met Doog this morning for a 2 hour spin through the flats. There are mixed feelings and emotions after the ride. My back is definitely still bunged up, but it's all muscular now. The left side of my lower back felt like s-h-i-t for most of the ride. It burned, it pulled, it twinged and a couples of times, spasmed. I could barely get off the bike to take a break naturel.
Two hours is definitely the outside of the envelope right now.

When I got home, I got the bike up the stairs and in the house, but it was a stuggle...and we're talking about a 16 pound bike here. I was bent into an odd s-curve for about 15 minutes. After a brutally hot shower, I started to straighten up. Here's the odd part...! 30 minutes after my shower, I was standing completely straight with little to no pain. I could feel that I rode, but no pain accompanied the feeling.

As I sit here and write this, my back feels pretty good. I lifted the kids in the car to go to Lowe's without issue for the first time in a week. I'm thinking I may take off until next Saturday, just to let everything heal up. Of course, I may wake up tomorrow and be paralyzed for the nipples down. We'll see...

My fitness is definitely going to take hit, but I've come to the realization that Silence/Lotto isn't tracking my fitness level and injury progress. It's February, BFD...I'll be fine by the time the group rides start.

No comments: