03 March 2007

Saturday

Another Saturday ride has come and gone, and thankfully, I made it through the entire thing with the rubber side down. Although this may not seem like a grand fait accompli, believe me when I tell you that there was more than one threat to my flesh staying place.
TheDink took every opportunity to risk life and limb (not his own) today. I just cannot understand how someone can ride regularly and not get any better at it. When you come to a bump or hole, point it out, move slightly off your line and miss the hole. At least twice (that I witnessed) today, TheDink hit the hole in question WHILE swerving into the middle of the group. I honestly believe that the act of keeping a bicycle upright and safe is just beyond the grasp of some people.
The BS of the day was when TheDink said he was going to go race in Greenville. He got dropped twice today...and we never went any faster than 40 kmh and averaged just above 30 kmh.
Yeah bud, good luck with that...

I rode the Ridley today with the Cane Creek carbon wheels. If you're gonna pose, pose hard...
The new bike and the Ridley ride completely differently, even though they are both carbon. I kind of concentrated on the differences today so I could quantify them. The Ridley is definitely stiffer than the Ibis, but the ride quality is what suffers. It's stiffer vertically, which transmits road vibration into your contact points. Not that it's a bad thing in this instance, but it's just different. The Ridley still rides better than any Specialized or Trek, period. I can't believe people actually like the way a Trek carbon rides. I guess some folks have no frame of reference...

The drywall is done, save for one small section around the door frame. All of the mud has been slapped on the wall and all but one seam has been taped. It's starting to look like a room now...

We'll see who shows in the morning...

No comments: