18 March 2007

A new day

Ever had a ride that was enjoyable for the entire thing? That was today...
I got up and went to OutJokin' for the "group" ride, sat around for 5 minutes and decided that none of the fair-weather folks around here were going to show. I met my brother at the gate and we rode out. My gears were sufficiently ground after waiting for 10 minutes, so when my brohem rolled up, we rolled out.
We rode for 2-1/2 hours, slow, period! I think our average was about 17 mph and I never saw anything faster than 22. My legs were a bit shot from yesterday's slugfest, so the spin did me good. Nothing of note really happened other than general enjoyment of a beautiful spring morning. We did get yelled out by some guy on his way to church for riding two abreast. Too bad it's legal, dickhead. I didn't have the heart to tell him that what he was doing (yelling at us) was far more dangerous, as he was in the oncoming traffic lane, over a double yellow line. Nor did I have the heart to point out that my Ridley was worth more than his 1980 Mercedes turbo diesel.

Two observations/questions:

Why do employees of OutJokin' never show up for rides? Maybe it's the "Hot Doughnuts Now" sign...

I'm glad I rode today. I'm like Charlie. While your laying around, doing nothing, I'm out in the bush, getting stronger...

No comments: