23 March 2007

First Thursday ride

The Thursday ride is supposed to be another sufferfest, but I'm just not feeling it yet. The group was small last night and, with the wavering light, the route is forced to be short. We all stayed together on the early climbs and then the split happened. I could have easily gone with it, but had compunction to do so. Chris and I rode side by side, at a medium-slow tempo and talked the whole way. We did one big loop around the base and went home. An hour and 40 minutes and a very enjoyable ride.

I changed the fork out on the Ibis, to a Ouzo Pro. What a difference. The front end is much stiffer now. After racing the Ridley on Tuesday, I can honestly say that the Ibis is more plush...more of an all day bike, and the Ridley is a RACE bike. The Ridley seems to go better when pushed really hard and the Ibis is the same all the way across the board.

3 hours tomorrow and Sunday. The weather is supposed to be beautiful. 85 degrees and sunny. Sorry all of you folks up North...not really...


Oh, and my brother said he saw this, on a Bianchi, riding up Kilbourne on Wednesday...

No comments: