07 December 2016

Been away for too long...

Been meaning to update for about 4 days. Never got around to it. I'm sure you all are heartbroken.
Been on the bike quite a bit. Mostly for the good. (Knocks on wood)
The rain came last weekend...then again yesterday...
The Powerstation is heavy.
Went out there Monday morning, and it was manageable...until...
Once past the gas line, things got muddy. And the mudhole, you ask? Well, it's not so much a mudhole as a small pond. Duck into the cornfield, walk down about 40m, and pop back out onto the road. Easy peasy.
The far end of the dirt is "closed", as they're doing construction out that way. Whatevs...
I rode on. It's MUDDY out that way, thanks to the big trucks tearing up the road. It's not heavy, peanut butter mud though. It's the thin, snotty, whale-shit-on-an-ice-floe slick mud.
And it gets EVERYWHERE.
Back through the mud, over to 12th, popped across to Dixiana, and back around.
2 hours. Felt good. I even got the only 2 hours of el sol all day.
Coming up Gervais was fun though. Some fat redneck, with obvious anger management issues, just started SCREAMING at me while I waited on the light @ Lincoln. I don't run lights. Bad juju, and makes ALL of us look bad. Remember that!
Anyway, he yelled about sidewalks, taxes, and I think biscuits...couldn't tell, as he had MAYBE 5 teeth.
Green light...he tried to speed off in his 25 year old truck full of scrap metal.
I caught him at every light. He yelled at every light. Finally, at Harden, he was stuck in traffic at the red.
I rolled up and apologized for being faster across town, and told him I felt sorry for him, and his anger issues.
He exploded, and yelled something...again...too much spitting...not enough teeth. Then, he tried to get out to confront me. Problem was that he forgot to put his truck in park.
As he got out, the truck lurched forward, and rolled into the car in front of him. Dumbass.
I started laughing the laugh of a drunk-on-box wine Shandon soccer mom, and disappeared into Five Points.
I giggled most of the way home.

Back out there today. Opposite direction. Also found a way to get through the dis-used field to get around the mudhole. Looks like some dumbasses are out there poaching deer too. Two makeshift blinds, and two big piles of feed corn dumped around. Cayce PoPo got a phone call. No reason to be firing off a shotgun or rifle out there.
Even after the rain yesterday, it wasn't as muddy out there today. Still wet though...
This was clean before I rode Monday.
Maybe I'll hit it with the house in the morning...
After I go out there again...

Christmas is coming. Here are two ideas...

 Either one. I'm not picky...
And have a look at Meussen's  Boone. Yeah...big hooks. Those aren't Bontrager units...

And a quick reminder...
As cool as you think you are, you will never be as cool as Paul Newman, standing in the pit at Daytona, as a Martini livery 934 drives past...

I know I've said it before, but I'll be better about posting...
Yeah...I know...blah...blah...blah...







No comments: