19 December 2016

Hey...figure it out...

Ma Nature, can you figure out what you want to do? Pick something. Don't care what. Just asking for some consistency.
We've ridden the coaster over the last week.
Cold and sun? Check. Cold and cloudy/damp? Check. Cloudy and cold, then warm and sunny an hour later? Saturday. Warm/Humid/Windy? Sunday.
Monday morning? Gray. Raining. Temps dropping. Stay inside.
Of course, I say that, and karma jumps up and pokes me in the coconut. Kids are home for Chrimbo vacay, and of course, I need to go to Whole Foods this morning.
Always a good time.
All things consdered, it could be worse. Watching The Weather Channel right now, and Cantore is live from Chicago. -6F degrees, and -21F wind chill.
I spent enough time up there to know that I'm not going back. Sure, it's pretty on TV, but I'll pass...

Some decent rides through the week.
2 road and 2 CX.
3 solo. 1 w/TVH.
The Powerstation is is in pretty good shape. It's a little heavy from all the rain, but that's what makes it good. I've ridden that road 2-3x a week for years. It's never the same.
The Gas Line stretch is a little choppy right now, but that's on SCE&G. Not gonna complain to loudly, as they need to get to the gas line, and I like heat and hot water.
The mudhole is getting worse. I'm fairly confident they'll fix it soon, as the middle is a solid 12-14" deep.
There's a way to get around it, but it's a bit hike-a-bikey. CC and I are planning to head out there after Christmas to to a little work.
The normal line around it appears to be there, but take it on authority that it's REALLY soft, and all forward progress will be arrested unless you are on a CR250. Brap-braaaaaaap....
The idea of cleaning up the Amazon cut through has been discussed as well. It's getting ridden in, but need a couple of rakes, an axe, and a machete, not necessarily in that order.

1 of the 3 main Heathens has left us for the Winter. The Professor packed his stuff, and headed for Arizona for about 10 weeks. Instead of taking a bike, he bought a CX bike from TPC, and will use it out there. He says it's staying there, but I'd be willing to wager that he enjoys riding it, and it comes back East.
I've ridden in Phoenix, and can tell you, there are some really fun spots to bang around on a CX bike.
Word is that TVH will have a CX bike soon as well.
What's the World coming to??
Speaking of, I'm on a mission to track down a new CX frame. I loves me the Salsa, and it's served me like a warrior, but it's more than a decade old, and hasn't exactly been babied throughout it's life. I keep waiting to hear a large crrr-aaaaaaaaaaa-ck, and either be forced to pick myself up of the deck, or limp home with a broken weld.
In the time it's been with me, there have been four different groups on it. 6600, 6600G, 7800, and now 7900. Yep, it's still ten speed. It still works. And don't get it twisted, having a snazzy, 16 pound carbon bike is fine and well, but you have to actually RIDE the fooking thing.
The Salsa is 17.5 pounds, and battle-tested.

Ok...time to rally Junior Management, and head to Whole Foods. And do the last of my pointy-clicky Christmas shopping.
My goal not to leave the coach to shop this year, and it's worked out just fine.

TVH and I are planning to do a road ride Wednesday morning. All are welcome.

Happy (Crappy) Monday!










































No comments: