10 November 2016

This and that...

Lemme 'splain...

I needed a few days off. Fortunately, or unfortunately, life sometimes presents situations where one doesn't have much of a choice.
I backed off a bit after a big October, then our hot water heater decided it was done. It started leaking, so I started the process of getting it replaced. Process...
I could go into the entire thing, but you guys aren't hear to listen to that. Let's just it will be the VERY last time I ever use Lowe's Contractor Services. This is the third time we've used them. NEVER a simple transaction.
You'd think I would have learned. What's the definition of insanity again?
Their process is flawed, from top to bottom. No communication. Poor training. Poor management. They screwed it up from step one, continued screwing up (then changing their story), then they had the balls to lie about it.
It's cool though. I sent The Boss over there yesterday, as I was stuck at home with an ill member of Junior Management. They lied to her face, but when she put on her B hat, and presented all of the paperwork, recorded phone calls, and proof that they were lying, they decided it was better to give than to deal with our attorney.
Yes...it was quickly coming to that point.
We've been without hot water for 4 days. I didn't take this many cold showers when I was an overly horny teenager.
Running this shit down for the last three days, coupled with sick Junior Management shot any riding square in the keester.
The plumber/installer is supposed to be here @ 11 this morning. If they aren't, my next post may be from RCDC.
The plan is to do the night ride tonight. My battery is charging. We'll see...

I skipped Saturday, and spent the day in Charleston with The Boss. It was pleasant to spend time together, and not have to yell at little people.
Slept in on Sunday, and went out on the CX bike for a couple of hours. Did some exploring, and just sort of rolled around. The Powerstation is SOFT in places. Still way more fun than trudging around almost anywhere else.
The Salsa rode way better after a full drivetrain clean, and a rear hub rebuild. Coupled with a new set of Clement LAS rubber, it was almost sublime.

Pretty things :
 Single sided, single speed.
 Rob English does things right. This commuter rig is nuts.
 RWB 911 Turbo. Yes...thank you...
 The guys at Colnago seemed to have found their aurbrush kits from the late 90s/early 2000s. Not much to change on this one...
Christmas is coming. I'll gladly accept this 70 split bumper...

More to post when I actually ride a little bit...
See some of you guys tonight...

No comments: