04 July 2013

You know why?

Good ride this morning.  We rolled out thru The Swamp, around into Eastover, and back in the normal-ish way.  All told, just shy of 100km in 3 hours.  Big fun, and we actually saw a large, bright, yellow/white orb in the sky.  I heard talk that it was called "the sun", or something like that...

 The second water crossing of the day.  It's a bit damp out in LR.

Anyone a TV/movie location scout?  So many options with this little church.  Such a beautiful little building...

And I took a little roadtrip yesterday...and it was good...
Short roundtripper to Greenville to pick up my new Ridley Noah RS frameset...

 Built up pretty nicely.  Not as light as the Helium, but DEFINITELY has more aero properties.  Crazy tube shapes, tucked in rear wheel, and internal cable routing.  Speaking of internal routing, I understand it, but what a pain in the ass.  The rear brake is full housing, through the top tube, and it was pretty easy, which lulled me into a false sense of security.
The gear cables were the old 'push-pull-until-you-find-the-hole' exercise.  It was cool though, as I had a lot of practice with this through high school and college...wink, wink!

 Speed holes?  Actually, yes...at least Ridley says so.  They supposedly quiet the air around the front wheel by diverting the air off the spokes...whatever...it looks cool, and John Cobb invented it.  Don't know who that is...?  Google is your friend...

Oh yes...it will be...

Happy 4th of July everyone!
Hope you did something with your day.  We rode bikes through the beautiful countryside.  Then I built up my Made-in-China Belgian bicycle with Japanese, Chinese, Italian, French, and Spanish (what?) parts.
Now, I'm sitting on my couch, watching a French bike race on my Chinese-made Japanese TV, and pecking out this entry on my Chinese laptop.

And you know why?

'Murica

No comments: