04 February 2013

Regrets...I've had a few...

WHY, oh WHY did I not load up The Beast and go to Louisville?

Women's race (complete)



Men's Race (complete)



Two outstanding races in borderline epic conditions.  Yeah, that word gets thrown around too much, but it's warranted in this circumstance. 

Congrats to Vos, Nys, et al.!  Congrats to Louisville for putting on a damn fine show, and busting their asses to make it happen.  Congrats to the folks who had the idea to advertise a Foam Party as a Twitter joke, and then have that joke turn into a real party, and something that those who attended will not forget...EVER!

And one piece of commentary :
The lights went out at the Stupid Bowl last night.  They stopped the game. 
The river was flooding over it's banks at record levels at CX Worlds.  They stopped the river!

Should tell one a little bit about which sport has more heart.

You won a trophy you say?

 Marianne Vos is not impressed...

And tell me again how tough football players are...
...especially since they played their big game INSIDE...on CARPET...

Good rides this weekend.
Saturday was ass-biting cold, so I went out solo, secure in the knowledge that hardness/stupidity would lead my to be the only one on the bike.  I was correct...
27 when I left...
 It was a little chilly and barren out at the Powerstation.  I did 4x5s anyway...

 Got it to yourself @ 27 degrees...

Frost under the Clements...

2+ hours later, I was home...and it was only 39 degrees...
Sunday, we headed out to Lex/Cal for a bit of a meandering loop.  Still got three hours in what could be called challenging wind conditions.

 Bigfoot sighting?  Nope...just a giant dude out walking in the middle of nowhere Calhoun County!

It was chilly and windy, but there have been far worse days on the bicycle!

Hope everyone had a good weekend and did something than made them happy!

Namaste...

2 comments:

Ben said...

Louisville was truly epic! I'll try to get a recap together for the vortex

MM said...

I know. I've been kicking myself for not going, and been reminded by friends in town (and out of town) just how cool the whole weekend was...
Yes, I AM a dumbass...