18 February 2013

Not quite...

I thought weekend trips were supposed to be relaxing!  Jesus...
The last two weekends, one a riding weekend...one not, have been less than easy peasy lemon squeezy!
After a couple of days of single parenting, I loaded up The Beast, and took Junior Management to Charleston for the Southeastern Wildlife Expo.
Saturday was pretty "meh" as far as it goes, especially considering the fact that the day went from 55 and sunny to Portland in about 45 minutes.  Hanging out with strangers, in a tent, while the weather turned to shit isn't my idea of a good time, so we bailed and went to the Nike Outlet.  And of course, as it always happens, I found NOTHING, while everyone else involved made out like Jesse James.
The highlight of Saturday?  Making our way to Sullivan's to eat at Home Team.  So good...

The Boss had to be at SEWE early Sunday, so Junior Mgmt and I fiddled around the hotel, had a nice breakfast, then took a little tour of Chuck.  They dig all of the Civil War history, so it's all good.
We made our way to Brittlebank Park, found a spot to park The Beast, and headed in to SEWE for the second day.  The sun was out, and it was in the high 40s, but the wind...oh the wind...

Yes, those are whitecaps on the river...

After about an hour, we found the Charleston Angler tent.  They were blowing out their winter clothing from the two retail locations in Charleston, so I bought hats and gloves for the boys, and some Columbia Sportswear fleece for me.  $225 worth of schwag for $60 isn't a bad deal.
From that point, we meandered, played with dogs, pet exotic animals, shot guns, checked out hot college (and post-college) girls, and generally had a good time.  @ 2:30, we parted company from The Boss, and put it in the breeze for Cola.
It was an early night for all...

I awoke this morning feeling like I'd been in the Apple pie moonshine from last weekend.  Dusty 20+ mph winds from Sunday have destroyed my sinuses, and completely died out my eyes, face, and lips.  And walking/standing for nearly 6 hours?  Yeah...legs and back are just done.
Hopefully, it'll be a quiet day...HA!

 Cool owl is watching you...!

 Slightly manipulated church image...

Ravenel bridge...

Pics were taken with a Nikon Coolpix L26 that I've been trying out.  I can tell you that it's pretty average, maybe slightly below, for a 14mp point-and-shoot.  Slow focus, slow shutter, slow flash, slow processing...
It also drops pictures, which really pisses me off, as I thought I'd taken a good picture of The Boss and JM together, but NOOOOOOOO, the file was corrupt.
It's also big, sort of bulky, and and very intuitive when trying to choose modes.
For the money, you can do better.  Don't get fooled by megapixels and supposed features.  If the processor is shit, the camera is shit.
All of my ride pics are taken with a 12mp Samsung TL205 that's been wet, dropped, run over, and generally abused for the better part of 2 years.  It's still better than the Nikon!!  As with most things Samsung, they have P&S cameras figured out!

I have not thrown a leg over in 7 days, but that will end tonight.  I'm not going outside, but will instead ride the infernal machine.  No goal other than to loosen up, and get some blood moving around.  Maybe an hour of watching Roubaix will get me back in the mood to ride my bicycle...

Back outside tomorrow night, weather permitting...

Peace and chicken grease...

2 comments:

Junk said...

Yeah, that Charleston funk gets into your lungs quick.
How do you like our church? Nice Charleston salmon color. The congregation voted to do renovation work on it. We go out of it this year and stay out for a year until the work is done. The organ may get rewired during that time frame as well. Finding someone to work on the organ will be costly. Only a few companies in the world even do that work any more. The structure next to it will either be leveled or part of it leveled/re-purposed. That's phase II.

MM said...

The wind, and dust, just killed me.

The pic of your church had the color turned up a bit, and the exposure. I do love me some old churches though.

Maybe you should teach yourself about old organs. Sounds like a money maker...