30 November 2012

Friday....

I actually had a sort-of-day-off today.  The Boss bagged work to stay home, oh joy, but that also freed a Brother up to ride this morning.  HWF and I did a little light dirt spin, and did little more than BS the entire time.  It was a good recovery sort of spin.  You know, what you're supposed to do on a Friday morning at the end of November...

Last night was a good time.  I think a few of us were feeling a bit frisky, so we rolled out with the "A" group, which actually turned into THE group, since is was a bit thinner than usual last night.  Even so, there were probably 25 or so who left the parking lot.

On the first section of the River Walk, a group took off, and several of us got stuck behind a certain unnamed rider who missed class the day they were distributing handling skills.  The front 5 or 6?  Horizon after 1/4 mile.  HWF and I finally got past the aforementioned rider, and rode, well...in a largely irresponsible manner for the length of the WeCola River Walk.  Too fast into corners?  Sure.  Over-riding the lights?  Sure.  Pegged at MAX on a fun ride thru a pedestrian area?  Yep, that was us. 
As we discussed this morning, thank goodness it was a bit chillier last night, and the trail was empty, b/c had one of us hit a dark-clothed runner or walker, the results would have been catastrophic, at best! We are jackasses...jackasses are we!
We caught and passed all but Dan, and he was kicking ass and taking names on a SS. 

After that, it was time to ride back across the river, and head for Service Course.  A fun 2 hours in the dark to be sure!

I'm gonna need 5-7 minutes alone...thanks!

That's some seriously custom, one-off shit right there! 

I'm sorry, just what are they selling here, because I have some cash to throw at them!

Old school! Full stop...

And proof of the red-head theory...

I know it's not bicycle-related, but it's my show, and I'll program it as I see fit! 

Hope everyone comes out in the morning.  Gonna be a nice day/weekend! 

Happy Weekend!  Namaste!







No comments: