14 January 2011

They're making it hard...

So we all waited, with not-so-baited breath, for the whole Schleck superteam to be announced. When they announced last week, it came off a bit contrived. Now, these guys have the balls to send out to the press what amounts to a rock band tour rider.
Read it yourself HERE...
Really? REALLY? Lay-Oh-Pard? Lay-Oh-Pard sort of makes Nygaard look like a Re-Tard.
Thank goodness they got Mercedes as the car sponsor. Can you imagine if they'd gone the way of Team Sky, and gotten Jag Estates for team cars? Lay-Oh-Pard Trek presented by Jag-u-ahr. It would probably be enough to give Liggett a stroke.
In my heart of hearts, I hope the release is a tongue-in-cheek joke. If not, I'm waiting for the announcement that Nigel Tufnel will be riding for them.
I want to root for them, but as the title of this post states...

Sachs spouting off about the NAHBS. If you ordered a frame from him back in the 70s, you should be getting it soon...
Like I've said before, I'm a sucker for the art that is a properly built and sorted steel frame, but cannot fathom waiting 7 years for one. Here's a tip, STFU and pick up the torch...

2011 Team kits...in depth...

The WX has improved here, but there is still a small amount of ice lurking...waiting to reach up and snatch the bike from beneath you when you least expect it. Because of this threat, I chose to be the large sweaty rat on the small spinning wheel again this morning. 75' more of SST/tempo on the turbo while watching '10 Fleche-Wallone. Again, it felt sort of good to spin a gear hard and get a good sweat going. Wait...what? That sounded like I'm enjoying riding the trainer! WTF is happening here? Help meeeeeeee.......
That being said, I'm going outside tomorrow!

Peace...

2 comments:

outlaw105fan said...

Whatever you're drinking - keep it up. Every time I read your shit it has me laughing. I'm ot sure which is better - your comments about Team Trek-Leopard or the torch bit.

MM said...

Thanks man! I flipped through to your blog. Unreal roads around you! Throw some nice dirt sections in there and it would be pretty close to Heaven...