09 January 2011

A special thank you...

A special thank you goes out to my 5 year old. You've given me joy, smiles, laughter, solace...a full range of emotions...
Today though, what I'd like to really thank him for is the raging case of strep throat that I'm now battling. Felt like Superman yesterday...feel like Clark Kent's grandmother today.

What really makes this little bout with illness so, so special, is the fact that I had throat surgery last Monday. As you, dear reader, can imagine, the area located approximately between my chin and sternum feels fan-fucking-tastic right now!

I went to Doctor's Care (yeah, I know!) this morning and was seen by Dr. Hotty McBlonde Big Boobs. Yeah, nothing like looking and feeling puny while a 30 year old, newly minted Doc rubs her rack on your arm while listening to your breathing. Good morning Sunshine!

So instead of giving me a shot of Rocephin, as swallowing is, well, quite challenging right now, Tits McGee gave me a prescription for 875mg Amoxicillin. Imagine again, dear reader, a pill the size of the end of your thumb, from the first knuckle to the tip! The pills should have come with a giant straw, like they use to blow meds down the throats of horses.

Oh, and it's supposed to snow here tonight...

Happy 2011! It's been kickass thus far...

No comments: