16 January 2011

Sunday Muddy Sunday



That course made my pants tight! 32+kmh average speed? The way Pauwels took Albert deep into the corner like that, you'd think he's been watching Aussie Supercars on the satellite.



TdU got underway this morning. Well, it was this morning here, while it might have been Tuesday there. I can't get the time difference figured out. Nothing says LOVE like a 60 minute crit filled with Euro-Dogs to start the season. Oh, did I mention they averaged 48kmh? Yeah, you read that correctly. That's 30mph in old money!
And Liggett was calling them Leopard Trek, not Lay-Oh-Pard. I will say though, and this pains me a bit, the kits look nice on the bike.
Here's a link to their hotel rider for Le Tour...

As for me, I went out on the CX bike again...like that's any great surprise. Yesterday's wet and heavy dirt turned into wet and heavy thin mud. Shit was everywhere. I did scout a new ninja training ground that a cursory search of Google maps yielded. It would be great if not for the plethora of deer tracks and large caliber rifle shells laying about. It's really nice to stop and have a break naturel and notice that you're watering a pile of .30-06 casings. Seeing as I'm roughly the same size on the bike as a large buck moving through the woods, and we live in semi-rural SC, I got the hell out!
I finished up 2 more hours in the mud, returned home and lounged. The CX bike did get a much needed bath though. It's actually orange and black under the fine meringue of dried mud.

Hope everyone had a good weekend!

No comments: