08 January 2011

Not much lost

So I took 5 days off the bike due to my little throat/esophagus procedure. Yesterday was a struggle, at best. It seemed like every pedal rev was for naught. My normal two hour loop was interminable.
Same loop this morning, same (maybe stronger) wind, same everything...expect my performance. Sure, fighting the headwind was a big ball of suck, but it didn't feel like I was dragging a brake. Hell, when I hit Old State, I pushed and actually stayed on the rivet for the entire 15 minutes of dirt, even @ the bridge, where I neglected to see the 8" deep hole that I shellaced with the rear wheel. It had a bit of a wobble for the remainder of the ride. Fortunately, Uncle Shrews works Saturdays at CC now, so the issue(s) were quickly rectified. Remind me to go buy him a 6er of good beer...

Speaking of dirt, it looks like a 'Roubaix' style ride might be coming together in the coming weeks. Figure on 80-ish km, and 10 or so sections of dirt. Like the last ride, all will be easily traversed on a road bike. More to come...

Now, on to actual interesting stuff...

Stybar win Czech National champs

French and Belgian cross champs tomorrow morning (US)

Team 'our kit looks like Sky and Garmin' introduced yesterday. Scarves? Really? It makes one wonder how Vaughters will try to upstage Leopard @ the Garmin-Cervelo reveal. It'll probably look something like this... only with less chicks...

Circulus finds a permanent place to wreak havoc and cause injury. Wondering what the jump in PDW's health insurance premium is going to be? Oh, FWIW, PDW makes some cool shit too...

Anywho...get out and enjoy the ride...

No comments: