18 January 2008

My new Church

http://thechurchofthebigring.com/

In the vein of the link above, I am, in fact, harder than you.
After the H.O. got home last night, I decided to throw a leg over the top tube and go outside for a ride. No trainer for me. The train softens the mind and the spirit. The trainer is akin to the little wheel in the Habitrail.
37 degrees, windy, dark, wet is just generally not conducive to riding a bike. Did I let those small issues stop me? Nope!
I rode last night until my light completely ran out of juice. Nothing says lovin' like 2 hours in the dark. And more than one big effort that hurt physically and spiritually. Funny part? My ribs feel better this morning.
I came home cold, wet and tired. All was right with the World. The cross bike is a mess, but will stay a mess. It likes it that way.

It's supposed to be Belgian in the morning...who will show?

2 comments:

The Ghost of Jerry Reed said...

Nice Ridley in the profile. One of the guys I work with has a stable of those as he used to work for Sinclair Imports. Do you have the Crosswind as well?

MM said...

Nope, just the Helium. I figure one $7000 bike is enough. My crosser is a Salsa Las Cruces with 10v Ultegra. I really want a Ridley cross rig...maybe next time. It'll either be a Coconino or a Ridley.