31 January 2008

Mmmm...resty...

I rode last night, even though I decided to take a bit of a rest week. My back is flaring up and the rib injury is just nagging me, so a few days of rest seemed to be in order. Unfortunately, the H.O. has been out of town on business, so I've been pulling some LONG days as a domestic God.

I had to get out last night, for no other reason than my sanity. I did a hard HoP loop downtown. Well as hard as I could go considering there were about a kajillion joggers ont he Greenway. I hesitate to call them runners, as none of them were actually running. Shufflers is probably a more correct term.
After I ran the gauntlet of people 'training' for their next 5k, I hit Gervais and went hard from Huger to the Statehouse. The ride continued at a decent clip through Five Points and back home.
I spent little more than and hour on the bike, but I felt better for it...physically and mentally.
I'm ready to start piling miles on the road bike though...and get back in the woods on the crosser. With the weather getting warmer, the Greenway is just too crowded.

I found this on the intarweb this morning...tells alot about some folks in town...

Gaywheels.com Top 10 Most-Researched Vehicles
1. Toyota Yaris
2. Saab 9-3
3. Mazda MX-5
4. VW Rabbit
5. Audi A3
6. VW EOS
7. VW Jetta
8. Dodge Caliber
9. Toyota Camry
10. MINI Cooper (cough...cough...Doogie...)

No comments: