04 June 2007

The 3 amigos

Saturday's ride was just three of us, as 10 folks headed to the mountain for a 100 mile deathmarch loop. You can read about it at RW's blog. Sounds like they had an enjoyable ride and a good time. I really need to sack up and go do that ride with those guys one day. Maybe I'll have a year where I don't injure myself and actually have some form. Even then, I'll likely be the last guy up the climbs.
Anywho, Nick, Joel and I had a good ride on Saturday. We rolled around in Lower Richland for right at 3 hours. It was cloudy and cool, but the humidity was pretty high. TD Barry was bearing down on us, but it gave us some monster tailwinds on the return trip.

My back felt okay. I think riding is good for me right now, but just not too much or too hard. 3 hours is my limit though. I was crampy like a grampy when I rolled into the front yard. #1 was whipping the H.O.'s ass the enitre time I was gone. My phone has blown up twice in as many rides with the H.O. on the other end asking where I am and when I'll be home. Cowboy up honey, I deal with the little terrorist everyday...

This week's review of the Specialized socks is a different one. I didn't actually ride in them. I put them on, slapped the Diadoras on my feet, tightened the straps and quickly decided that the socks SUCKED. They made my shoes too tight and felt way too thick. The 'pad' that they have integrated under the ball of your foot is for shock absoption I guess. In reality, it feels like the sock is wadded up under your foot. I did wear them for the day with my crosstrainers and they were wholly average.
My advice is to stick with Sockguy, DeFeet or whoever you choose to wear. There are just some things that should be left to certain companies.

#1 started pre-school today. The house is eeriely quiet. I'm gonna ride over with the trailer to pick him up at lunchtime. That'll be my ride for the day. I'm going out for a couple hours tomorrow morning though...time to get back on the horse.

No comments: