09 June 2016

No one ever accused me...

So Monday, I decided to roll out on the bike...Tropical Storm Colin be damned. The radar showed an opening to the South. I figured I'd be okay...maybe ride for a bit, then get wet...
I made it to the fairgrounds before the rain started.
Maybe I'll ride out of it, the radar showed a clear swath.
Yeah, right...funny shit...
As I progressed down 12th, the rain got heavier. By the time I got to Amazon, visibility was, shall we say, poor. Maybe 50ft. The rain hurt. The headwind was brutal.
Screw the loop, I turned at the end, and headed for home. The tailwind was pleasant. Nothing like tapping out 45-50kmh without any sort of effort.
Once back to the river, the rain was light again. Up Gervais. 'Hood. Service Course.
I had pruney bathtub fingers. I poured out my shoes. It really wasn't altogether fun.
Rain, and low visibility doesn't stop drivers from being idiots.
Tuesday. Group ride. Same silly behavior. I found a little group of people who knew what the hell they were doing, and rode in with them. Plus, it was hot as balls.
Thus is the reason I rolled out this morning, and got my two hours before lunch. Wait for 90+, or roll when it's 68? Derp...
CX bike...thank you.
It's green out there...
...except for the fact that getting to the end is difficult unless you have swimmies.
Der Schlammloch is back. Thanks SCE&G, for all you do to fuck up a perfectly good road.
Alternate loop. Gervais. 'Hood. Service Course.
Followed by some light weights. Well, repairing the landscape bricks that The Boss chose to hit with her car on her way to the beach. I'll count it, as they weigh about 25 pounds each.

Other stuff:
 More of that stainless Demon. Fuuuuu....
 Riders today have no style. Mario WAS style.
On the list of townies I wish were down in Service Course, this might have just taken top spot.
And speaking of things that should be in my possession...
 mmmm...scrambler....
This is some next level stuff.  Even the 70s paint is okay...

And we've come to the conclusion of our mid-week check-in...
Be safe out there. They aren't looking for you!



No comments: