20 June 2016

If you didn't...

...we'll get to that in a moment...

My friend Steve wrote this...
He ain't wrong...

 Not a big fan of blacked out bikes, but this Canyon pushes my buttons...
If you can't name the guys in this picture, please save your opinions of pro cycling...

As a few of our little band of old guys are out of town, the group was a bit smaller Saturday morning. Those that rolled did so under a gray sky, but...and it's a Kardashian-sized but(t), it was cool outside. Shocking...I know...
We did a heavily modified, yet pretty easy 80km, and hit roads that we literally have not ridden in YEARS. And we stopped at Bunky's for the bottle refill. If you cannot find what you need to survive at Bunky's, there is no hope for you. Seriously...
Anywho, after our stop, we rolled across to LRHS, and dropped TG at his 'hood, then rolled home through the back side of Double Homie, where we ambushed by a stealthy little brown dog. Little bastard was laying in the ditch...waiting...
Once home, I finished the patio (cutting bricks). And being the dumbass that I am, I set up my saw in the ONE spot under the canopy that the sun gets through. 99% shaded backyard. I was the 1%.
After cleaning up, I went to check on The Boss. She was in front, fighting with a lorepetalum. Saws, axes, etc., to pull the thing out of the ground. 45 minutes to ALMOST get the first one out.
I told her to back away, then rolled The Beast to within about 6 feet of the hedgerow. The 10,000 pound towstrap was attached, and the 5 shrubs were yanked from the ground within 15 minutes.
Don't work hard. Work smart.
Having a full-size SUV, a towstrap, and a bit of knowledge help too.

Many Heathens were absent from the 9am service at The Church of The Big Ring on Sunday.
And as the title states, If you didn't ride on Sunday morning, you missed it.

A Sunday ride...in June...70 degrees? WHAAAT?
I realize the "Support the Fort" ride was going on, but I refuse to support a place that doesn't want cyclists to be there, and continually holds up more hoops for cyclists to jump through.
Yes, they do, and if you argue that they don't, you haven't ridden in this town long enough to know the difference.
And contrary to belief, there ARE other safe places to ride, and ALL of those places are FAR more attractive. And BTW, I know more people that have been hit by cars (and Army trucks) ON the Fort, than on the roads surrounding it.
But you all just keep riding loops among the scrubby oak, and pine trees. I'll keep these views to myself...
The Dean and I meandered about, and ended up riding 100km. Easy peasy.
Once back to Service Course, I tore down the bottom end of the Noah. Seems a BB that's only slightly more than finger tight will, in fact, create creaking sounds akin to duck sex.
Yeah, I don't know what that means either...
180km, on legs that took last week off, makes a brother tired. Manual labor didn't help...
Enjoy today, as it looks like the last day before Ma Nature turns the heat back up.

Deuces...



No comments: