22 October 2010

Friday update

Well, my esophageal motility test was an absolute failure this morning. I got up before the rooster even thought about twitching, hiked my happy ass out to LexMed, sat for close to an hour, and then was physically unable to complete the test.
The probe was supposed to go through my nose and descend into the upper regions of the GI tract. Well, I've broken my nose somewhere between 2 and 5 times, depending on who is reading the X-Rays, so Fred, the huge Endoscopy nurse, couldn't feed it through.
We moved on to the effort to swallow the probe. My throat/esophagus is so damaged that I couldn't get it down. A short bit of vomiting followed. Nice way to start your day...
No test = no results = more time and testing needed to figure out that my upper GI is wrecked. Super!

Upside? When I got home, FedEx had already been to the house and dropped off MDro's new rig. 90 short minutes later, it was built, tuned and ready to get dirty.


Not bad for an off the peg bike. There are some things I'd change, but that would just add more cost to the project. Even so, it was a screaming deal from the fine folks @ Bothell Bike out in the PNW.
It's a shame that he's out of town for the weekend...

Oh, and to add insult to my overall feeling of malaise, I'm single parenting until tomorrow night. The H.O. is in Tatertown again for work. You have fun with that...

Peace.

No comments: