17 October 2010

50/50

And how was your weekend? Mine was as the title states...
Saturday was a waste. I went to the Clemson/Maryland game. It was akin to watching, well...Clemson and Maryland. Two bad teams running around on a beautiful day, followed by that miserable drive back from the Upstate. Then Carolina pulled their normal shit. By normal, I mean the same crap that they've pulled since I started school here in 1988. Play well, win some big games, get everyone into a frenzy, then drive it into the ditch. I would rather have been racing CX in Greenville, blue-dotting and coughing up my own sick.
This morning, I woke up LATE, had brekkie with the fam, watched Stybar go horizon on the bunch @ Aigle, and then climbed onto the cross bike @ 1030. Instead of the normal stuff, I decided to hit the Palmetto Trail for a little grindy singletrack action. The trail itself is in pretty good shape, save for the plethora of pine straw, but that's the norm out there. And I'm sure there are those that still poo-poo riding out there as being "too easy" or "not technical enough", but go do it on a cross bike with 32c tires, instead of a MTB, and get back to me!
Anyway, it was a beautiful morning and the ride was sublime! The rest of the day was spent with the corporation, including a trip to the Pumpkin patch. I even got a little time in The ManHole(tm) for some bike maintenance. Good day all the way around...

Oh, here's the vid of the last two laps from Aigle. Looks like a punchy course...



And for the worst weather of the weekend, look no further than the Giro di Lombardia...




Peace!

No comments: