04 October 2009

3 mo days

3rd day out of this 5 day stack is done and I'm starting to feel better.
Friday- Doog and and I did 2 hours at a relaxed pace, much like last week. Nothing big to report...
Saturday- Great ride! I went off into Calhoun County all by my little self. I rode out to the 176 split, climbed the big, very ugly hill up to the plateau and out to the cut-through. I stopped at the store in Sanday Run on the way back, yet did NOT partake in the World Famous Blondies that are sold out there. If you don't know what that is, you're missing out! Anywho, I kept the pace @ 35kmh for the entire ride and was tired, yet felt really good when I got home. The riding out there is perfect. 2.5 hours for 80 km...I'll take it.
Sunday- I planned on rolling out solo but ran into Il Prof, TVH and the Kaisers. Instead of another monotonous 3 hours alone with my own thoughts (scary!), I rode with them and had a really nice, pleasant ride. It was the kind of ride that is needed this time of year...an even pace, some good conversation, and a few laughs, punctuated by a couple of 5 to 10 minute sharp efforts to remind you that the business of riding a bike is supposed to hurt now and again. And what a beautiful day!!! 60 when I left and 70 when I got home, and no wind. Pretty damn perfect in my book! Oh, and Mrs. Kaiser's new Colnago is very nice...
It's supposed to rain tomorrow...we'll see where my motivation lies. Trainer in the dry of the ManHole(tm), or the cross unit in the wet...

As an aside, GW is selling his Cervelo P2C time trial bike. It's full Dura-Ace with an Ultegra crankset (he had a SRM on it). It comes with a FSA aerobar setup and Ksyrium SL3 wheels (the silver ones)...you can provide your own aero wheelset...or better yet, buy some of Bond's wheels at his "Everything Must Go, Super-Spectacular, Zipp Wheel Blowout Sale". Pics of the bike to follow...lemme know if you want more details...
He's asking $2k.

No comments: