16 May 2016

Monday...a day of rest...

Everyone whinges about Monday.
Mondays are the best days around here. The Boss goes back to work, and Junior Management goes back to school.
I used to be a person who thrived on noise and chaos. Now, the silence of Monday morning is a gift.
What am I doing today? Nada. Nada a damn thing...

 I rolled out of the rack Saturday, to an empty house. #s 2 & 3 were at the Lexington County office, and The Boss took #1 to a work event, if one wants to call the Poultry Festival in Batesburg an "event". He likes going with her to these things. Who am I to argue...?
A small brekkie, then on the CX bike. Felt like hot garbage, still rode okay. I guess that's fitness coming back around.
Two big laps of the Powerstation, then home. 2.5 hours. A quick lunch, then the power tools came out.
The rest of the afternoon was spent cutting, and laying bricks on the new patio project. I tried to hold fast to my "It wasn't my idea, ergo, I'm not helping" plan, but the idea of The Boss running the chop saw with a masonry blade gave me a little shiver...
My legs and back gave up after about 3 hours of standing, walking back and forth, and bending over to place bricks.
Big fun...
Sunday brought much of the same. Another couple of hours in the dirt. Left with REALLY crunchy legs and back, but once the crap got spun out, I felt pretty good. Special thanks to SCE&G for grading the big waterhole out at the end of The PowerStation. Here's to hoping the juvenile frogs got out before their waterhole was summarily destroyed.

Got home, ate a sammich, made a trip to Lowe's to get a new light for Service Course, then back to the bricks.
Gotta say though, Sunday morning was perfect. Light wind. Big Blue sky. 60 degrees. If you didn't ride, well...
After taking in what can only be considered a BlueBird day, I cut and laid brick for another 2 hours. That far off noise you hear? Yeah...those are my hamstrings barking at me...
The result seems to be worth it though....
Thus, Monday is a day of rest.

The Tour of Cali started yesterday. The stage itself was largely a yawner...until the finish...


If you want to learn how to surf the group, and use other teams, to get you to the finish, just watch Sagan in the last 2km of this clip. Watch it over, and over, and over, and over...
And learn how to handle your bike...
Be like Sagan.

Rest day in Italy today. Honestly, this year's Giro has been much like a normal GT. Hope it livens up...

Okay...I'ma go lay down...




1 comment:

Unknown said...

I feel like I'm missing out now that you're only making 1 post a week. What am I supposed to read at lunch on Mondays and Friday's?