25 October 2012

This and that...

Not much going on around here.  Trying to catch up on what I missed while in Virginia for the better part of five days.  These little trips are always fun, but somehow, life and responsibilities jump up and smack me down when I get home.

I did, however, finish this for my buddy Slip...

2012 Helium w/SRAM Red and a Quarq crankset.  It's in full on Flanders mode right now, only because I needed some of my own stuff to finish the build. 
The wheels will be replaced by a set of carbon tubs, and the saddle with be supplanted with a white Fizik Arione. 
It ain't heavy...

The remainder of my catch-up isn't nearly as exciting.  Laundry, yardwork, planning what is going to get done to the house before sticking a sign in the yard...ah, the glamour of it all!

Fun ride Tuesday night, but fatigue was kicking my ass.  Heavy legs, and a bunch of stopping and starting...
No matter, it was a nice little 2 hours on the CX bike.  I didn't ride the Boyds, as I forgot that they are the 23mm wide hoops, and that would have required a complete re-tooling of my brakes.  Not happening for one ride.  I'd planned on riding them Saturday/Sunday, but they are going home today...oh well...

Speaking riding at night, I saw this light, and was intrigued...especially for the $.  2500 lumens is a bit ridiculous.  Even if they are optimistic on the output, w/3 CREE LEDs, it's gotta be hella bright.  The whole website has cool stuff on it...

I also mapped out the climb to Potts Mountain in New Castle, Va.  From the door of Wilderness Adventure, to the top of Potts is 17 miles.  Here's the elevation image :

Doing it twice is really fun...Take a 27 or 28 tooth big cog...thank me later. 

Our friend Padraig crashed...on his face.  His insurance isn't covering his injuries.  A PayPal account has been set up to help out.  Like the article says, you'd buy a buddy a beer after a ride...that's $5!  Throw $5 at Padraig...

Another cyclocross video...only this one is 60+ years old!!



No ridey tonight.  #2 MT has t-ball.  Thank Dog it's almost over! 

Saturday @ 0900 from Rosewood School.  Come on out.  Beats driving to a ride...
Sunday @ 0900 from Laurens and Greene.  OSR ride...

Namaste...


No comments: