08 October 2012

Hello Monday...you glorious S.O.B.!

What the whaaaaa?  57 and raining outside.  So much for doing anything today...not like I really had plans anyway.  I do have some actual work to do, but that can wait for a few minutes...

I wondered why I woke up this morning and felt like I'd been in a truck crash.  Holy old man joints Batman!

Correct...

 For TVH...like I said last Friday...quit fooling around...

Firefly is at it again.  See also : Properly mitered and welded.  Dear God...It's beautiful....

Saturday was a bit thinner in the attendance department, but we still had a great ride.  I will shoulder the blame for the route however.  Seeing as I ride au naturel now...

...mileage and routes are figured out on the fly, in my little bitty brain.  Usually, I'm spot on.  Years of riding the same roads will do that to/for you.  Anywho, a couple of route changes were made in the middle of the ride Saturday, which ended up giving us a few more miles than planned.  No matter.  There was no whinging, and everyone enjoyed their day.  70 and sunny...what's not to like?  I ended up with 90km, but seeing as Service Course is 2 block from the meeting/return spot, I get the fewest miles on Saturdays.  Most had around 100km.
The two hours immediately following the ride were spent raking, mowing, and blowing leaves/grass, as well as clearing leaves and manducated hickory nut shells from the roof.  Judging by the sheer volume of shell bits, there should be some seriously obese squirrels roaming about!
A much needed shower, and nap followed...

Sunday morning was the usual Lex/Cal ride.  The group did Swansea backwards again.  Another 100km in the books.  Well, not quite, but when the ride is 96km, you loop the block to get the even 100!
It was quite lovely out in the country yesterday.  Nice to be able to work on the tanlines in October.  You big city bike culture dorks can keep it, I'll take the sunshine!




And as most know by now, USC beat Georgia like a ginger kid on Saturday night.  It was 35-7, and really not that close...
USC is now #3 in the country, which scares the scheisse out of me.  If they hold true to form, LSU will give them a sound drubbing next weekend.  Call me Debbie Downer if you like, but I've been here since 1988.  Regardless of coach, or talent, it is Carolina's way...

Until then let's all just...


Until next time...

Edit : And big props to MDrogalis, ESQ., for winning solo male @ The Baker's Dozen over the weekend.  And he won by a BUNCH!  Good ride man!

No comments: