13 February 2017

Ooooof....

So yeah, the wind that has been kicking our collective ass for the past 6 weeks was out over the weekend.
Saturday and Sunday were both big km days, yet felt even bigger thanks to the "breeze".
Calling it a "breeze" is akin to calling Trump an idiot, but I digress.
Nothing says big fun like coming out of the trees and having the crosswind grab your front wheel, and push you 5' off your line.
Il Prof (Ret.) is back from his snowbird stretch in AZ, so he was back with us on Saturday morning.
Basic flat loop, but once we turned at the GMart, it was headwind home. They said it was 8-10mph. I don't know who "they" are, but I hope "they" trip, fall, and hit their heads. 8-10mph my ass!
Sometimes you just need to get on the front, and drive it home. So I did.
Once home, we loaded up and went out to look at new GMC pickup trucks. Actually, it was more of a quest to figure out what COLOR truck we're going to get.
I was present, but I got a little distracted...
This picture cannot even begin to portray the actual color of this Z06....

Sunday, The Heathens were back together.
The run out across the ridge, and into Swansea was a fight. Brutal head/cross winds. Once we turned for home though, It was tail to cross/tail all the way home. Mmmm...tail winds...
90km+ both days. To be honest, I rode around the 'wood for a few minutes yesterday so I could get the clean metric. OCD is a MFer.
Plus, it was 75 degrees and sunny. 20 more minutes isn't gonna cause a divorce....

I'm a little wrecked this morning. First back-to-back long days in a good while. Felt good & rode well, but I'm really sleepy this morning.

Things to look at:
We talked about this yesterday. Only Cipo could get away with changing clothes in the bunch.

 It was pretty fair out there on Friday morning too! FYI, if you ride The Powerstation, the far end, out to Eastman, is closed beyond the RR crossing. And by closed, I mean that there's no more road. For now at least. I'ma check again tomorrow morning.
 I'm no tri-bike fan, but this is a sexy beast.
And speaking of, Baum still does some of the best paint. And they're made of metal...

Found a design for when I finally lose my shit, and go full hermit in the mountains...
Might need this to get there...

And I know everyone is all "aero this" and "aero that" when it comes to cycling gear, but remember one thing...
Cycling didn't invent aero...

And with that, get back to work! Be sure to get outside today though. Fresh air is good for you!

No comments: