15 August 2016

And we're back...

Sorry...I didn't post last week. We were on holiday in an #undisclosedlocation.
The thing with posting from the #undisclosedlocation is that The Googles geo-tags posts, and I'll be perfectly honest here...
As much as I like some of you, I don't want ANY of you going to my little vacay spot, and fucking it up. It's small, quiet, and perfect. Great weather, great food, empty beaches, and some great riding.
Yeah...I'm selfish that way.

I got some good kms while there too. The easy ride was an out and back, 50km affair, with 20km of it on some truly brilliant dirt. The longer added a loop and was 60km. I will say though, 5 rides on that particular type of dirt is hell on a bicycle. Sand, salt water, some bigger gravel. If I lived there full-time, the bike would get a full, pro scrub about once a week, and the drivetrain would be replaced probably twice a year. I'm talking chain, cassette, rings, pulleys...
The grinding...oh...the...grinding...
Either way...I ended up with 300km. And every year, I'm reminded of the wind. The wiiiiiiiiind...
Gotta say too, the Clement Strada LGG 32mm tires were perfect for multi-surface rides. They roll well on the road (not Vittoria Corsas by any stretch), and were smooth and supple on the dirt. I figured out proper pressures too. 60F/65R was a good trade-off. Thinking that less would have been draggy on the pavement. If the ride was 100% gravel, I would have gone down 10psi on both ends.
And they don't have a mark on them after 100km on dirt/gravel. Good stuff by all accounts.
Big meat on carbon wheels. Perfect dirt set-up.
 Only two of these on dry days. On the "wet" day, there were SEVEN water crossings EACH WAY!!
 The "road" section was horrible. I almost got off and quit.
And the dirt? Well...

We did the normal "beach" stuff too...

And even went to a turtle rescue program. I made friends with this guy...
He was due to be released in about a week. Like turtle parole...

It was a restful week, as trips to non-commercial beach communities should be. Now, we're back. School started today. I feel kind of bad for Junior Management. A week fooling around at the beach, and in the pool at the house, then immediately of to school.
I shouldn't feel TOO bad. I never got multiple weeks at the beach during the Summer when I was a kid.

The house is quiet. I have very little to do today, other than remembering to go pick up the kids this afternoon.
Back on the bike tomorrow, and as my mornings are now free again, I'll be out in the morning instead of waiting around on the heat. Don't hate...

Happy Monday!




No comments: